Yes, personal loans for foreigners exist! And A1 Credit is here to help expatriates in Singapore tide over during dire situations in a fast and hassle-free way.
- Personalized loan offer based on your preference
- Fast loan approval; within 1 hour only!
- Crystal clear loan terms with zero hidden fee
Apply For a Fast Cash Loan Online
Get your approval in 30 mins by applying here
Helping Foreign Workers Tide Over Financial Difficulties
A foreigner loan is a type of personal loan dedicated to foreigners. The only difference is the eligibility and requirements. The interest rate and other fees are the same and equal with citizens and permanent residents.
This is essential to support expats settling into their new environment. From rental deposits to emergency funds, among others, foreigner loans make it possible for them to have more financial means while moving up the ladder.
Your Money Woes Sorted Within The Day
Visit the office
Upon assessing your case, our loan officer will offer you an amount and explain the terms and conditions of the loan for your understanding.
Signing the Loan Agreement with the Moneylender
Once you agree to the loan amount and repayment terms upon discussion, our loan officer will print out the contract for you to sign.
Get your Cash Loan
Once the contract is signed, you will receive the cash instantly, hassle-free.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGNER
(MINIMUM INCOME > $2,000.00)
- Work Permit / S-Pass / Employment Pass
- Proof of residence (utility bill or tenancy agreement)
- Proof of employment (certificate of employment or recent 3 months payslip)
- Proof of income (bank or account statement)
- Singpass (To download IRAS NOA)
A1 Credit has always made our customers our priority, and we are very grateful that our efforts are recognized. These are just some of the comments we’ve received over the years on Google Review.
Get your Loan Approved in 30 minutes!
ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS
An expat loan is also a type of personal loan but is dedicated to foreigners that have different eligibility and requirements compared to Singapore nationals. Just like any personal loan, the interest rate and other processing fee of loans may vary depending on the lender, your credibility, and the type of loan you’ll get.
However, one of the most important requirements needed for a personal loan is to submit proof that you have a stable job in Singapore through a work permit.
While expat loans are the only financing available to anyone who is not a registered Singaporean, you won’t have any other loans in Singapore as options. However, just as you would when taking out a personal loan for foreigner Singapore or anything similar, consider these things first:
- Your monthly salary and expenses before borrowing money. It will be better if you get a personal loan that will fit your budget and an amount of personal loan that you can really pay on time.
- The terms of the personal loan and the interest rate. If you’re planning to stay in Singapore for a short while or for a longer period of time, this is necessary.
- Repayment schedule. It is also best to analyze your finances first and make a repayment schedule before you get your personal loan. The purpose of having a repayment schedule is for you to manage your finances and be debt-free before you leave offshore.
- Able to fulfill your contract and agree legally to the discussed terms and conditions.
How can I tell whether an advertisement is from a licensed money lender or an unlicensed money lender?
Under the advertising rules, licensed moneylenders are permitted to advertise only through these three channels:
- Business or consumer directories (in print or online media)
- Websites belonging to the money lender
- Advertisements placed within or on the exterior of the money lender’s business premises A1 Credit only has its website and premises to promote our business. In addition, we are in business and consumer listings to get more visibility from would-be borrowers.
Understand that all other channels are prohibited. Should you receive flyers, SMSes, emails, or other forms of advertisements, these would be from either licensed moneylenders operating in violation of the rules, or unlicensed money lenders.
For secured loans, the borrower can obtain a loan of any amount. For unsecured loans, if the foreigner’s annual income is less than $10,000, the maximum loan amount that A1 Credit can offer is $500.
If the foreigner’s annual income is above $10,000 but less than $20,000, the maximum loan amount that A1 Credit can offer is $3,000.
Lastly, if your annual income is above $20,000, the maximum loan amount that A1 Credit can offer is 6 times of your monthly salary.
The maximum interest rate that A1 Credit can charge is 4% per month. This cap applies regardless of your minimum annual income and whether the personal loan is an unsecured or secured one.
- [To illustrate, if X takes a loan of $10,000, and X has repaid $4,000, only the remaining $6,000 can be taken into account for the computation of interest.]
And what is the maximum late interest rate I would be charged for an expat loan?
If an expat fails to repay their loan on time, the maximum rate of late interest rate that A1 Credit can charge is 4% per month for each month the loan is repaid late.
- [To illustrate, if X takes a loan of $10,000, and fails to pay for the first instalment of $2,000, the moneylender may charge the late interest rate on $2,000 but not on the remaining $8,000 as it is not due yet.]
All moneylenders are only permitted to impose the following charges and expenses:
- a fee not exceeding $60 for each month of late repayment;
- a fee not exceeding 10% of the principal of the loan when a loan is granted; and
- legal costs ordered by the court for a successful claim by the moneylender for the recovery of the loan.
The total charges imposed by a moneylender on any loan, consisting of interest, late interest, upfront administrative and late fee also cannot exceed an amount equivalent to the principal of the loan.
- [To illustrate, if X takes a loan of $10,000, then the interest, late interest, 10% administrative fee and monthly $60 late fees cannot exceed $10,000.]
Yes, you are still eligible for a loan in Singapore. However, your application will still be subject to evaluation to ensure that you don’t over-borrow and suffer from financial troubles.
Money lending in Singapore undergoes a strict process to protect both the borrower and the moneylender. Understand that A1 Credit may deduct your regular bank loan repayments against your net income value, which will lower the maximum loan amount you can borrow as well.
The minimum loan tenor for A1 Credit’s foreigner loan is 1 to 12 months.
Make sure you always pay your loan on time and in full to avoid late interest rate payments and fees. Borrowers are also urged to check whether their moneylender always sends their statement of accounts every six months ending 30th June and 31st Dec. It is ideal to retain them for future documentation and claims if necessary.
A1 Credit has one of the fastest and most convenient online loan application platforms. Upon confirmation, you will need to visit our office to sign the application forms and loan contract. Do remember to carefully read through the terms and conditions before signing.
With A1 Credit, you would not need to wait for long. Once you have submitted the necessary documents for your loan and we have ascertained your paying capabilities, you can have your application approved within an hour.
You should ensure that:
- You understand your responsibilities as a surety (guarantor);
- You receive a copy of the Note of Contract at the time that the loan is granted to the borrower;
- The moneylender has explained the terms in the Note of Contract in a language that you understand; and
- The moneylender does not keep your NRIC card or any other personal ID documents (e.g. driver’s licence, passport).
- The moneylender does not acquire any information that contains passwords to your user accounts (e.g. Singpass account, Internet banking account, email account).
There are many loan comparison sites you can visit that provide guides and even expert and customer reviews about both loans and moneylenders. They can help you look for deals and institutions that best suit your needs.
On the other hand, most licensed moneylenders offer personal loans which you can easily check from the list of the Registry of Moneylenders, under the Ministry of Law in Singapore here.
Here at A1 Credit, we do not prioritize credit scores — your presence, and willingness to pay for your immediate need for cash are the most important factor to us. Should your loan application be approved, which is often within 30 minutes, you can get your cash in no time. This helps you pay for whichever you immediately need to and resolve it at a later date!
A1 Credit is one of the most reliable licensed moneylenders in Singapore. We only impose regulations under the Moneylenders Act and Rules, and we guarantee that all customers receive immediate financing to resolve their financial needs quickly and conveniently.
We have stringently followed the conditions set by the Ministry of Law while providing fair and friendly relationships to customers with our financial services to assure that their great time of need is made much easier. Just use our online application facilities to get the services you need instantly!
- Low-Interest Rate and Flexible Payment Plans
Here at A1 Credit, our financial plans are tailored specifically to give you the breather in focusing on what really matters in your life, career, and even in business.
- Fast Cash Loans On The Spot
As one of the most trustworthy money lenders here in the country, A1 Credit has made the application processes as simple as possible especially, during emergencies, ensuring disbursing of cash within an hour is likely.
- 100% Secure and Confidential
Every application process made with us is private and so is yours, thus, borrowers can assure that as an independent provider, we do not release our clients’ information to any third party.
- Make sure the moneylender delivers to you the correct principal loan amount. The moneylender is only permitted an upfront deduction of a loan approval fee of up to 10% of the principal amount.
- Pay the loan instalments on time to avoid incurring late payment fees and late interest.
- Make sure the moneylender issues to you a receipt every time you make any repayment towards your loan, and check it for correctness (e.g. name, amount, date).
- Make sure you receive a statement of account for all your loan(s) at least once every January and July, and check it for correctness (e.g. name, amount, date); and
- You should retain all statement of accounts and receipts of payments, as documentation and evidence of payments.