Starting a family is not an easy thing to do. You will need to be emotionally, physically, and financially ready to be able to raise a new family and to have a smooth sailing one. Giving the best to the family that you will be building will be a great challenge that you will need to accomplish through time.
Planning of having a baby is really a tough job to do and being pregnant will take a lot of readiness and maturity. It is never free to raise a family. Having a baby can be very costly all over time.
With all the expenses involved in maternity and delivery, you will need assistance, if you do not have enough on your account or your pocket. This is where the MediSave Maternity Package comes in.
In fact, the MediSave Maternity Package can be used to cover the expenses of the mother and the child during and until the delivery process. Rest assured that all your maternity needs are taken care of constantly and sufficiently.
What is MediSave Maternity Package (MMP)?
The CPF Medisave Maternity Package or simply known as MMP is a medical package that allows you to pay for pregnancy expenses like the consultations, laboratory tests, ultrasounds, medications as well as expenses by the time of your delivery.
It’s a part of Singapore’s health system. The government provides cash assistance to citizens who will become new parents. The Medisave Maternity Package can deal with up to 30-60% of your total pre-delivery expenses and other hospital costs. However, these can exclude certain hospital services. On the other hand, all Singapore hospitals can help you undergo its procedure and make a claim to receive your benefits as soon as possible.
How to claim?
MediSave can be used in public as well as private hospitals in Singapore. You will need to make your claims for your delivery expenses by keeping all the receipts from your consultations, medications, laboratory tests.
You can then present the receipts that you have to the hospital where the baby was delivered and the hospital will help you claim the pre-natal expenses and the delivery expenses under the MediSave.
You can also use your Medisave maternity benefits in both public and private hospitals such as Mount Alvernia Maternity.
How much can you utilize with the Medisave package?
The amount that you can get from your Medisave allotment will depend on the type of delivery that you had. It can be via normal delivery or cesarean delivery and most of the time, cesarean deliveries can cost you more than that of the normal delivery.
The limits of the amount are set by the CPF Board and they review the accounts for the changes regarding the medical expenses.
Before the delivery, prenatal expenses like consultations, laboratory tests, medications, etc. Medisave can cover up to $900. For normal deliveries, you can use up to $1,250 and for cesarean sections, you can use up to $3,950 depending on the procedure.
Some CS deliveries include tubal ligation or even hysterectomy. You can also use MediSave for post delivery hospital stays that cost up to $450 every day in the hospital after you have delivered the baby. It usually takes 3 days for post delivery at the hospital if you’ve gone through normal delivery and 4 days for those who have been through the cesarean section deliveries. There is a Medisave limit, so it’s important to be aware of that.
However, before you even reach the Medisave withdrawal limit, you’ll already have gained significant financial benefit.
Pre-Delivery Medical Expenses when expecting a baby:
- You will need a regular consultation with your doctor while you are pregnant. By doing this, you will ensure the baby’s health as well as the expectant mother. Consultation times maybe 15 times or more, depending on the situation.
- The doctor’s fee will depend on the public and private hospitals of your choice. Expenses such as consultations are necessary for mothers; information has saved many pregnancies in the past.
2. Vitamins and supplements
- It is imperative that you take vitamins and supplements to ensure that you are carrying a healthy baby inside your tummy. If you are healthy, your baby will also be healthy as it will get the nutrients they need while inside.
- However, vitamins and supplements can cost quite a lot, especially because you’ll be buying vitamins by the bulk to make them last for a month or more.
3. Maternal clothes
- Be sure that you are equipped with maternity clothes while pregnant. You should move freely in your clothes so that the baby will not have a hard time inside. Sometimes, normal clothes that you wear can be so tight that the baby will also be affected inside.
- In addition to your clothes, make sure to take care of baby’s needs. Your child will need clothes that snugly fit and make them comfortable as they venture into the world for the very first time.
4. Prenatal Classes
- You can enroll in prenatal classes to ease the burden during your pregnancy. This will also help you with the delivery when the time comes.
5. Hospital Lodging and Doctor’s Fees
- Perhaps the biggest chunk of your expenses, aside from your necessary vitamins and other important supplements, is the hospital lodging.
- During pregnancy, the doctors will rush the mother to the maternity ward. Once they successfully deliver the baby, the mother, and caretaker (who is likely the child’s grandmother or father) will need a place to stay.
- In addition to the hospital lodging, you’ll need to take care of the doctor’s fees. The hospital will charge you for using their facilities, supplies (which include PPE, anesthetics, and everything else needed in the operation), and participation of necessary personnel (such as nurses and anesthesiologists).
- Lastly, you may need to take care of other fees, especially the vitamins mothers take regularly while confined in the hospital, and the length of stay in their respective room.
Pregnancy is not that easy that is why you have to be ready when the time comes. Financial issues are the most common issue when you are expecting a baby. The main reason why you should always be equipped.
There will be times when you will need a personal loan Singapore and you simply do not know where to turn to. A1Credit – 5 star review licensed money lender can be a lot of help when it comes to your financial needs.