Holland Village, or more commonly known as “Holland V”, used to be the home for some British Army staff and their families back in the early 1900s. Today, not only is it known for its unique European-Singaporean ambience, but it’s also a popular area for foodies because of its wide selection of food hotspots.
For pastries and desserts, check out Tai Cheong Bakery, Sunday Folks, 2am:dessertbar, and The Daily Scoop. Other places of interest include Da Paolo Gastronomia, Kamo Soba Keisuke, Project Acai, and Original Sin.
Licensed moneylenders are also present in Holland Village, which can be especially helpful for those who are suddenly cash-strapped.
How to know if the moneylender is licensed?
The first surefire way to know if a moneylender is licensed is to check if their company is on the Ministry of Law’s full list of licensed moneylenders. As this list is updated on a regular basis, this gives you an idea which moneylenders are always committed to serving customers legally.
Regardless of a moneylender’s license, listed below are some red flags to watch out for when you’re having doubts about their legitimacy:
- Speaking or behaving around customers in an abusive or threatening manner
- Asking for your SingPass details
- Keeping your personal documents
- Making you sign a blank or incomplete loan contract
- Providing the loan amount without explaining the terms and conditions, or without giving a copy of the loan contract
- Providing a loan without following the standard procedures
- Withhold a portion of your loan for any reason
Factors to consider when taking a loan
- Loan amount: It’s best to have an idea about the total amount that you’ll need to loan before applying for one. This will ensure that you can create a manageable budget during your repayment period, which will in turn help you avoid falling further into the debt cycle.
- Fees and interest rates: Licensed moneylenders can only charge a set amount of fees and interest rates for their loans based on the Ministry of Law’s regulations. See to it that their fees align with what’s legally allowed.
- Repayment terms: Before you finalize any loan contract, make sure that your financial abilities will actually allow you to follow through with the repayment terms. You don’t want to miss a payment and deal with more fees than you originally had to.
- Customer feedback: Nothing reflects a moneylender’s competence more accurately than their customers’ feedback. You can check Google Reviews so that you’ll have an idea if a moneylender is good to work with or not.
How can A1 Credit help you?
A1 Credit’s mission is to create the most appropriate loan plan for each unique customer. We know how hard it can be to deal with financial hurdles, especially when it happens suddenly. Fortunately, with us, you can trust that not only will you be able to overcome those hurdles, but you’ll also avoid them in the future.
Finding a legitimate moneylender near you is certainly easy when you know how to look. Work with a Licensed Money Lender Holland Village today and explore your loan options! Choose Personal Loan Holland Village to assist you with your loans as they’re regulated and licensed!
Contact us at 6336 0833 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need immediate help with your financial situation.