Subject: Notice on Upcoming Migration of Preferred Health Staff
Preferred HealthStaff offers home care services that go above and beyond the traditional to meet the unique needs of your loved ones. Their professional caregivers are committed to providing compassionate care. They provide assistance with homemaker services, senior companion services, transportation services, and more.
Preferred HealthStaff is a trusted choice for home care services. Their professional team strives to make it easy for those looking for compassionate home care services.
The Need For Companion Care: 8 Unsettling Senior Isolation Facts
Living alone can have an emotional impact on many older adults. However, not many people fully understand how damaging isolation and loneliness can be to a senior’s health. Over the years, there have been studies that uncovered indisputable links between isolation and poor health in elderlies.
Preferred HealthStaff talks about the unsettling facts about senior isolation:
- More than 1 in 4 seniors ages 65 and above lives alone. For seniors aged 85 and above, the figure is nearly 1 in 2.
- Prolonged social isolation reduces a person’s expected lifespan by 7 to 8 years. This impact is comparable to smoking 15 cigarettes a day.
- Isolation can cause the senior’s physical or cognitive health to decline at an even faster rate.
- Isolation can also increase a senior’s risk of suffering from elder abuse. There’s also a high risk that the abuse will escalate and persist.
- Social isolation increases the risk of high blood pressure in seniors by 140% – nearly three times the risk increase associated with diabetes.
- Isolation also leads to a 29% increase in the risk of heart disease in seniors. They are also 32% more likely to suffer a stroke.
- Researchers also found that social isolation produces physical changes in brain matter and cognitive function, putting isolated older adults at higher risk of developing Alzheimer’s.
- Socially isolated seniors are 4-5 times more likely to be hospitalized compared to non-isolated elderlies.
The more social contact older adults receive – from family, friends, and social interactions in their community, the less likely they will suffer from senior isolation. Preferred HealthStaff suggests turning to companion care for help.
Companion care services will provide seniors with routine visits by a compassionate caregiver companion. This option is perfect for seniors whose children are living in different cities or have busy schedules. Additionally, companion care services are also worth considering if the isolated elder doesn’t require specialized physical care.
On 14 March 2022, Preferred HealthStaff will migrate to www.a1credit.sg. The domain became inactive since then
For readers who have saved our URL as a Favorite or Bookmark, please update your settings.